“And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35b NKJV
Our Ministry: Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian ministry built on the biblical principles of serving God, loving one another and caring for those in need. Habitat and the faith community are natural partners – each seeking to serve God by serving those in need of simple, decent and affordable housing.
The organization is based on Christian principles and is open to everyone regardless of faith, including the Board of Directors, partner families and volunteers.
Faith Partnerships: If your congregation is interested in getting involved, please contact the Habitat office at 909-478-1176.
Ways for a Congregation to get involved:
Pray. Serve. Donate.
Habitat for Humanity San Bernardino Area (HfHSB) seeks to engage churches in the spiritual aspects of our ministry through practical means.
- Pray privately or corporately as a congregation for the mission of HfHSB of providing housing to those in need and the current homeowners.
- Lead a devotion and prayer at a construction build site, at a homeowner workshop, or at a house ceremony.
HfHSB offers various volunteer opportunities with the ReStore, build sites, committees and in the office.
- On a build site: volunteer as an individual or a group on one of our worksites. No experience necessary. Volunteer days and times coming soon.
- In our ReStore: volunteer in our Discount Home Improvement Store, which sells gently-used household items. Volunteers are needed Tuesday – Saturday, 9:00am – 6:00pm.
- On a committee: In addition to the volunteer Board of Directors, HfHSB has the following working committees: Resource Development, Construction, Family Selection, Family Partnership, Church Relations and Public Relations.
- In our office: volunteer in our Redlands office doing clerical work such as answering phones, assisting with mailings, and data entry.
In addition to time and talent, HfHSB has many ways people can give their “treasure” to help build more homes for our neighbors. We’re a 501©3 organization, and all donations are tax-deductible.
- To our ReStore: donate household furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances.
- A financial gift: to a build project
- An in-kind gift of product or service: Skilled volunteers are continuously needed to utilize their talents to support the mission of Habitat for Humanity. Not only do skilled volunteers help get the job done but also assist unskilled volunteers in activities that are new to them. These may include: carpentry, electrical installation, plumbing installation, HVAC installation, drywall hanging, insulating, landscaping and many more.
- A house or half a house: HfHSB house sponsorship levels range from partial to full sponsorship. Congregations can partner with other local congregations within their denomination or a local business to sponsor a house or to provide the labor to build a house.
- Fundraisers: join us at our many fundraisers this year. Events include: Golf Tournament, Gala, 5K Home Run and Car Show.
- Space: Display HfHSB information within your church (flyers and brochures can be provided). Or include HfHSB in your bulletins, newsletters, announcements during worship services and others. These tools will help to draw support for Habitat projects.