A Brush with Kindness: Home Painting Program
- Total gross household income for all residents over 18 must fall below 80% of the median household income in San Bernardino County.
- Household income must be documented through recent pay stubs, W-2’s and tax returns.
- Homeowners must show proof of a current homeowners insurance policy and up-to-date property taxes.
- Family members are expected to work alongside Habitat for Humanity volunteers while the repairs are being done (Don’t worry, no construction experience necessary)
- Habitat will review the repair list and job costs with the homeowner to determine if repairs can be completed at NO COST before the job begins or if a 0% interest loan is necessary.
How it works?
If you believe you qualify for the program, contact us and talk to our Program Manager, Judi Dennistoun. You will receive an application and a list of documents to be completed and returned to Habitat. If approved, a team will be sent to inspect your home and record any and all needed repairs.
A Brush with Kindness (ABWK), is Habitat’s home repair program which helps preserve home-ownership by partnering with homeowners struggling to maintain their home. When basic expenses exceed income month after month, home maintenance is the usual casualty. Years of deferred maintenance can cause a downward spiral of home deterioration and unsafe living conditions.
Habitat’s Home Preservation Program is able to offer repairs to veteran households through our Veterans Build-Home Repair Program (ABWK). Veterans Build seeks to assist, engage, mobilize and educate military member and veterans in Habitat’s work. We invite the military and veteran communities to join us in building homes, communities, and hope through our Veterans Build Home Repair Program.